|Abstract submission opens
||12 May 2023
||16 July 2023
|Authors to register for conference by
||31 July 2023
Abstract Submission Instructions
1. The call for abstracts is now open. The deadline for abstract submission is 16 July 2023. Authors will be notified within one week of abstract submission.
2. Oral presentation slots are 20 minutes each, ideally comprising a 15-minute talk and 5-minute Q&A.
3. Only abstracts submitted as MS Word or OpenOffice files will be accepted. Please use the template provided.
4. Please email your abstract as a MS Word/OpenOffice file to the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com
5. A submission confirmation will be sent to the submitting author after the successful submission of the abstract
6. Abstract submission should be done by the presenting author as abstract acceptance is predicated on the presenting author being registered by 31 July 2023
7. Presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation will be offered complimentary registration and should register through this link after confirmation of abstract acceptance.
1. State your preference for presentation format (poster presentation / oral presentation)
a. Kindly note that the final type of presentation will be decided by the Conference Scientific Committee
2. The abstract should be in Times New Roman 12pt font
3. The abstract title must begin with a capital letter with all other words in lowercase letters except where appropriate such as genus names and proper nouns; the title should be in bold font and left-aligned
4. Author names
a. Should be added below the title and left-aligned
b. Each author name should have the first and last names spelt in full, with the middle name(s) abbreviated with full stops with a space between, for example, Edred J. H. Corner
c. Please use bold font for the presenting author’s name; only one author can be indicated as the presenting author
5. Affiliation details of all authors
a. Affiliations should be indicated in numerical format (do not use symbols) and superscript, to the right of each author’s name, as such: Edred J. H. Corner 1
b. There should be a corresponding superscript number before the affiliated institute’s name and the line left-aligned, as such: 1 Institute name, town/ city, state, country
6. Abstract text / length should be limited to 300 words and the paragraph alignment justified
7. Please use the abstract template to prepare your abstract
1. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Scientific Committee.
2. The submitting author will be informed about the acceptance or rejection of the submitted abstract for oral or poster presentation by 23 July 2023.
3. By submitting an abstract, the submitting author confirms that all information contained in the abstract is correct and has been approved by the co-authors.
4. Submission of an abstract constitutes the author’s consent for publication. All abstracts will be published in the form of an electronic abstract book.
5. The submitting author warrants on behalf of all co-authors and institutions that they own the rights of all the information and content provided to the organisers of the 14th APOC and that the publication of the abstract does not infringe any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.